02-28-13 OB RPT 03
02-28-13 OB RPT 03
2/21/2013 3:27:55 PM
2/21/2013 1:56:50 PM
General - Type
City Council Reports
02-28-13 Oversight Board Agenda
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
All rights reserved.
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
View plain text
OVERSIGHT BOARD <br />FOR THE <br />CITY OF RIVERSIDE AS SUCCESSOR AGENCY <br />TO THE <br />REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE CITY OF RIVERSIDE <br />TO: OVERSIGHT BOARD MEMBERS DATE: FEBRUARY 28, 2013 <br />FROM: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT ITEM NO: 3 <br />DEVELOPMENT DIVISION <br />WARDS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 <br />SUBJECT: ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION TO VOTE IN FAVOR OF THE NORTHWEST <br />MOSQUITO AND VECTOR CONTROL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE VECTOR <br />CONTROL SERVICES WITHIN THE CITY OF RIVERSIDE <br />ISSUE: <br />The issue for Oversight Board consideration is adoption of a resolution authorizing the City of <br />Riverside as the Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Riverside <br />(Successor Agency) to authorize the City Manager or his designee to vote in favor of the <br />Northwest Mosquito and Vector Control District (District) to provide uniform vector control <br />services throughout the City of Riverside (Proposal) on behalf of the Successor Agency for the <br />Successor Agency -owned parcels within the City. <br />RECOMMENDATION: <br />The issue for consideration is whether to adopt a resolution (Exhibit A) authorizing the City <br />Manager or his designee to vote in favor of the District's Proposal to provide uniform vector <br />control services throughout the City of Riverside (Exhibit B) on behalf of the Successor Agency <br />for the Successor Agency -owned parcels within the City. <br />BACKGROUND: <br />The District currently provides comprehensive vector control services to approximately 25% of <br />the City of Riverside while the City provides service to the remaining 75% of the City to protect <br />public health through identification, prevention, and control of pests (typically insects and rodents) <br />that transmit infectious diseases. <br />The District proposes a ballot measure to annex the remainder of the City to provide uniform <br />service across the City, which is more cost effective and will benefit the City and Successor <br />Agency. The services proposed to be provided by the District are above those the City can <br />provide because expansion to serve all of the City will provide a more coordinated, aggressive <br />and efficient approach to surveillance and control of disease - carrying insects and rodents. <br />As a property owner, the Successor Agency will get a ballot to vote for uniform vector control <br />services throughout the City. Staff recommends that the Oversight Board adopt the attached <br />Resolution to authorize the City Manager or his designee to vote in favor of the ballot measure on <br />behalf of the Successor Agency for the Successor Agency -owned parcels. <br />3 -1 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.